For those of you who used to follow ducking for apples, Pa would have been ninety-eight today. He's been gone seven years now and I still miss him like hell.
Currently I am repeating his mantra "Never mind, we'll all be dead in a hundred years" at regular intervals. His other memorable piece if advice was to think of a matchbox when you can't sleep, which I've never really managed to get the hang of, but I thought was worth mentioning in case it's of use to anyone else.
Things that are happening:
- B's uncle has died. Although they were not close in latter years, this is already causing family tension that I am not going to mention any further because its tedious and emotional and disrespectful to him.
- N is off to Bristol on Friday for the orthopaedic surgeon to have a look at her feet and assess her for botox treatment.
- Her breathing at night needs further assessment because there appears to be a CO2 build-up that isn't great.
- Best Christmas Present award goes to the Wii Zoo game that has been on constantly for the last three weeks. We have pet giraffes now. They are pink.
- It's very wet and our new ducks are having sex in the puddles.
Fit-wise I'm plodding along. They are less frequent if I'm not stressed or tired. Ha.
For today, that is all.