Leo - better, after still having 'nettle rash' all over his body yesterday morning, despite being much more perky. We took him for a check-up with the doctor who phoned to speak to the consultant paediatrician and told us that it wasn't anything to really worry about (!!!!) and that there were no contra-indications for further jabs. He then added, slightly less than reassuringly, that although that was MOST DEFINITELY THE CASE, we might feel more comfortable taking him to the hospital to have them.
After we came back from the doctor yesterday, he had a soupçon of lunch and the slept for four hours. When he woke up the rash had completely gone and he was fine. Ditto, today - he has dedicated most of his spare time to crawling after the cats and shouting at them excitedly when they outpace him.
In the meantime I've done some googling and it looks like the reaction he had was probably to the meningitis component of the thing. So at least we have an idea of what happened; and at least it proves that his immune system is working.
Still terrifying, though.
Housing - we went to look at House No. 2 yesterday. It is fantastic. Think slightly Gothic Victorian Vicarage (it's an old farmhouse) and you'll get the idea. Seven bedrooms, two cellars, two Jane Eyre-type attics with plenty of room for mad ex-wives should one have them handy, original sash windows and very high ceilings.
We love it. But ... despite the reasonable rent, it will be expensive to heat even if we shut some rooms up. And, the owners (who we have previously met in passing via Freecycle and who are very nice), don't want to take it off the For Sale market because of the HIP thing - they have had it on the market since before you needed a HIP pack and if they take it off and put it back on, then they will have to shell out for one. I completely understand this; but it means that they won't really want us to sign for longer than six months; and neither B nor I really want to be upping sticks again in six months time.
So, we have put that one on hold for a few days to see what happens with House No. 1. We sent our three glowing references off to Estate Agent No. 1 last night and he phoned this morning to say that Landlady No. 1 was very happy with the idea of us as tenants and that we just needed to grit our teeth and hope that the people going to see the place with a view to purchase next Thursday aren't interested.
Which we are doing.
Please keep all your pseudopods and appendages crossed for us.
We are going to see House No. 3 on Tuesday morning. And there is also a possible House No. 4 which we will do a drive-by viewing of at the same time.
In other news, my iron has dropped to below 11 points, which explains why I feel so tired and miserable - started on an iron tonic yesterday. I'm trying to follow the midwife's advice and not do very much. It does seem to be helping the contractions. They want to see me weekly from now on. From mid-week this week (when I hit thirty four weeks) it is very likely that if I have the baby it won't need 'special care' (ie, be in an incubator). But the longer it stays in there the better.
Now, I go to have a glass of wine and get an early night.