Just a quick update. As of the weekend, the hospital were talking about Pa coming out this week.
However, yesterday it transpired that he has a problem swallowing. This is not going to get any better and is the reason that he has a chest infection - bits of food and liquid are getting down in to his lungs. The options are to continue as he is, feeding him normally and accepting the probability of continuing chest infections running him down; or for him to have a feeding tube inserted in to his nose.
Either way, he is not going to be going home - they are talking about a Community Hospital or a Nursing Home.
We have some very difficult decisions to make as a family.
I am a slightly better. The consultant has swapped me back on to my original medication as apparently the risk of foetal deformity is very small and it has become clear to everyone over the last ten days that the new thing they have put me on isn't helping me very much. They are also going to fit me with some kind of scary corset-type thing for the SPD.
These all seem very minor considerations at the moment.
I don't want to stop blogging, but I do seem to be writing a catalogue of woes at the moment, so excuse me if I become a bit 'gappy'.
We should hear about Pa's test results later today and we will then make a decision about whether we need to go back to Somerset.