1. Firstly, Happy New Year.
2. We have just started on our Christmas cake - I never got round to icing it, but it was worth the wait.
3. We will not be driving anywhere after eating a slice each because of the pint of rum I have fed it with.
4. Kate weepily embraced me on the doorstep at midnight yesterday and proclaimed me a wonderful daughter in law and thanked me for producing 'her baby'.
5. Next year we will be celebrating New Year at home.
6. This evening we are reorganising kitchen units and hewing sofas out of chaos. There is dust. But it is VERY nice to be home.
7. The hens are back in lay, because we have been giving them artificial light.
8. We had smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toast for tea yesterday. Yum.
9. B has just picked a YELLOW toilet and handbasin up from freecycle for our Downstairs Facilities (tm).
10. There are so many quite unpleasant shades of yellow, aren't there?
11. The bin men didn't come this morning. Should I take our bags in again, or leave them out there and hope that the local foxes don't discover the two rabbit carcasses?
11. There are two memes (1, 2) that I want to do this week. And I still have questions to answer from Before. Hmm.
12. Leo has nappy rash. Does egg white really work?
Tomorrow. Something non-listy, with whole sentences.