So. A pretty good weekend:
- Helped Ma to extract a couple of frames of her honey and to put the new floor we'd taken her under her beehive.
- Spent some time with Pa. Apparently he has been particularly grumpy this week and has been telling Drusilla, who works on the nursery a couple of days a week, that she shouldn't talk to the customers. And a few people who have come in to do Pick Your Own Raspberries have been enquiring after 'the old gentleman who was here last year, who wasn't very friendly'. Bless him. When I am ninety, I am going to be grumpy as hell and people are just going to have to make the best of it. Oh. Hang on ... .
- Spent a VERY enjoyable evening with The Kitchen Witches, discussing (among other things) growing vegetables (the more the better), ideal places to live (remote - VERY remote), well water (muddy, unreliable), parental eccentricities (too numerous to mention) and bees (I am hoping to convert them to The Cause). I hope that they are going to come and visit us very soon.
- Spent some time with Sister Natalie, who has offered to come up and help if we need her to after the baby is born. We are both very touched, as she and I haven't had the best of relationships over the years and we would really love to see more of her.
- Spent Sunday afternoon sobbing and wanting to go home, whilst B and Ma finished extracting the honey - my stamina ran out and everything got a bit stressy, what with raspberry pickers, Pa getting up late and that making Ma grumpy and me generally not having slept very well whilst there. We couldn't go any earlier, because we needed to finish using the extractor in order to take it home with us.
This morning, we have gone in to our own bees, to have another go at requeening the queenless hive. And after a cup of tea we are going to go in to The Narky Hive and see what's going on there.
Oh, except, I don't seem to be able to keep Proper Tea down at the moment. It's very distressing.