It's a nice, sunny day today - therefore Cat Hating Neighbour has opened her back door and her radio is blaring out. I have left my back door open and have come upstairs to the office. Ah, the politics of boundary disputes! :).
We are ready to move.
- Mortgage, searches and signed documents in place.
- Insurance sorted.
- Removal men booked.
- Vendor DEFINITELY able to give us vacant possession on the seventh (after yesterday's 'oh, she might not be ready' scare from her solicitors).
- 'To Let' sign gone up outside this house - we are probably the gossip of the street by now.
- Kate and Vic coming to help me pack and take down shelves later on today.
- Eastern European's moving out on Saturday. Yay!
- B still at work. Lucky sod. Although he has been getting up at four thirty AM every day this week so far, so perhaps I have drawn the long straw this time.
We have found a serviced office to rent near Birkenhead, in the same building as Marketing Guru. It rejoices in one of those ridiculous names that companies give buildings when they want to imply that they are in the middle of a prestigious development of buzzing city centre glass, rather than an ugly 1960's breeze-block construction behind the sewage works (which it isn't, actually, but you get the idea).
It is quite small, quite cheap and partly underground. R and I wanted a slightly larger, slightly more expensive, slightly more above ground one; with windows that looked out on something other than a steel security fence and a builders depot. But B put his Managing Directorial foot down, muttering assertively about overheads and cost control. It was quite exciting to watch.
The only, teeny, tiny hitch is that it's still being built. But there is a large basement that we can store our stuff in for a month or so; and in the meantime we'll manage by working from home - it's coming up to our traditional 'quiet period' now; although it's actually pretty busy.
We are all looking forward to having a separation between home and work. The business has outgrown a home office now and we are starting to need premises that will allow us to entertain clients. And also, we have a couple of new technicians lined up to start in September and it's not appropriate to have them in our personal space.
I am slightly hung over - some friends came round last night (*waves*) for a 'last one before we go' pizza and a few drinks. I need more tea before I can face Kate's packing frenzy.
Technorati Tags: moving house, finding an office