I am having a bit of a panic.
Not about anything in particular. Just EVERYTHING in particular:
- House buying
- House remortgaging (x2)
- Sarcastic Accountant's reference in relation to the above - we put down on the mortgage application form that we are self-employed. Apparently because the company employs us, we are, technically speaking, NOT self employed. But we own the company. So actually, if we own the company and the company employs us, we employ ourselves. He was a bit snitty about it, in his stuffy, Sarcastic Accountant, way. The mortgage people say it doesn't make any difference, though.
- House full of death-metal fan boy-lodgers who want to constantly use the office PC - although I have had words and they are now confining their activities to before 8am or after 6pm, so no problem there, really.
- Vegetarian decorators who want to discuss their Cat Bereavement Issues with me ALL THE TIME. Although they weren't really that fond of the cat. It was more their girlfriend's really. It was a girl's cat. And he likes more masculine cats. Which this one wasn't. So he's not that upset. Bless. But I didn't need to know the specific details of how it's corpse looked.
- eBay. Oh dear. I needed a new sweater. And now I own two skirts, two shirts and a fluffy bolero thingy.
- Choosing a new laptop for R. We need it to run a pretty high-spec graphics package that needs as a minimum an 'Open GL accelerated video display adaptor with 16M video memory'. Graphics is not my area at all, although I've done some research and now I at least understand what Open GL is. But I don't know which graphics cards use it and which don't. So any suggestions gratefully received.
- Dust. The house is full of dust.
- Chavs. The sun seems to have brought the street's chavviest family out in force. Three generations (or possibly four, it's difficult to tell) are basking semi-naked in the sunshine or running up and down screaming, depending on age and inclination. Nice tattoos, though.
I am now going to suggest to R that we go and have a nice cup of tea sat in the garden.
B has returned safely from the Belfry, not displaying too many signs of a hangover, and has toddled off for a meeting with a prospective client.