Can anyone point me towards a kind networking-for-noddies website or newsgroup? Or potentially be sufficiently techie to give me a hint?
- I've got four laptops connected via a hardware router to a machine that handles a 1Mbps broadband internet connection.
- Broadband internet works fine on the main machine, for all applications.
- Skype and chat seems to work okay on the laptops, consistently.
- The problem is that browser and email connections are intermittent on the laptops, more off than on.
- We are running XP Home.
- We have ZoneAlarm Pro or ZoneAlarm basic on all the machines, it recognises the network.
- Windows Firewall is disabled on all machines.
Is this a port issue? Is it something to do with the router?
Any suggestions gratefully received :(.