Cheryl has tagged me for the 'Memory Meme', so here it is ...
What I was doing ten years ago - 1995.
Graduating from my MSc course and looking for a GIS job; getting over a disasterous not-quite relationship with Steve The Bastard; moving back to my parent's house (yet again); exploring my blossoming interest in spiritual healing and reiki.
5 years ago - 2000.
Getting to the point in my relationship with Crazy Tom where things were becoming just too crazy. He'd just come back from Glastonbury and was in the middle of a three week period of not speaking to me. At all. Nice.
1 year ago - 2004.
Er, looking back, probably having some sort of breakdown. At least, I was afraid to go downstairs in case anyone came to visit and I had to speak to them, and shortly after that my lovely doctor prescribed anti-depressant medication. (Which I have now come off. Yay!).
Yesterday - Thursday 14th July.
Blogging about tea. Going to the beer festival at one of our two 'locals'. Discovering that Belgian Raspberry Beer is actually much nicer than it sounds.
5 snacks I enjoy:
- Pork scratchings
- Pickled onions
- Chocolate anything
5 songs I know all the words to:
- Don't Come the Cowboy With Me Sonny Jim, Kirsty McColl (Cheryl, the more I find out about you, the more we have in common!)
- Hopelessly Devoted to You, Olivia Newton John
- Coward of the County, Kenny Rogers
- Leaving on a Jet Plane, John Denver
- American Pie, Don McClean
5 Things I would do with $100 million:
- Buy a house in the country and populate it with various animals, poultry and children
- Give some of it away to individuals I know
- Give some of it away to non-sexy small charities that do good work in difficult conditions
- Buy the fastest, smallest laptop I could find and update it every six months :).
- That's it!
- The Morvan, France
- Alaska - go and visit David Miller and read about his life there and see if you don't agree.
- The Fish Hotel, Buttermere, Cumbria
- Ludlow. B and I had our first date here, on 28th December 2001. We had lunch in The Feathers in front of the fire, and we nearly got trapped in the car park because we spent so long snogging in the car that we didn't notice it snowing.
- Cadbury Castle. For some reason I'm drawn to the place.
- I interrupt when I get excited
- I pretend I don't notice that the cat has been sick and wait for B to clear it up
- I don't always wash up before I go to bed
- I pick my nose when I don't think anyone is watching
- I impulse shop on ebay
5 things I like doing:
- Drinking tea
- Eating cake
5 things I would never wear:
- Anything bright orange or lime green
- Stiletto heeled shoes (Boots yes, shoes no. I fall over.)
- A thong
- A pill box hat
- A wonderbra
5 TV shows I like:
- Star Cops
- Probably anything that's a period drama
5 Biggest joys of the moment:
- Being married to B - soppy but true
- Looking out at the river and knowing it's going places I'll never go
- Being in the countryside
- I think you can get joy out of pretty much any moment in time, if you focus on where you are and what you are doing there in that pariticular moment.
5 Favorite toys:
- Books. I'm an addict. But I'm slowly letting them go and giving them away in dribs and drabs.
- The computers ...
- Think that's it!
I'm not going to tag anyone for this one - but if you fancy doing it, leave a link to your post in the comments! :).