Thursday, 10 February 2005

planning ahead

I am stuck in a mire of planning permission forms.

To use premises that have been a shop (category A1) as an office (category B1), one has to apply for a Change Of Use, using the "Planning Application Form" (Parts 1 and 2) and attaching "Notice 1" and potentially, any or all of "Certificates A, B, C or D".

With me so far?

To complicate matters (as if that was possible) if one is going to have clients visiting the premises for specialised IT training (powerpoint and presentation skills for conferences, anyone?), then one also has to apply for Category D1 (non-residential institutions). But there will be qualifications if this is granted, as it is also the category things like day-nurseries and doctor's surgeries fall in to.

It takes six to eight weeks and costs £220.

The offer we've put in on the property is subject to the planning being granted and it hasn't been accepted yet. However, I am getting a start on the forms as I may need to get some help sorting them out - I have a feeling that it might be a disaster if one puts a tick in the wrong box.

The chap I spoke to in the planning office was very helpful ... I am hoping he wasn't lulling me in to a false sense of security and isn't suddenly going to jump out from behind a lamp-post brandishing an injunction.

No comments:

Post a Comment