B's inner world contains:
- Postcards, but no stamps to send them with (sic).
- Blue-lit walk-way tubes a la Manchester airport, with beltways that people ride round and round on gently, thinking pleasant thoughts and waving gracefully as they pass each other. (Think the robot from the scene in the ice-cave in 'Logan's Run' - "Fish, plankton, seagreens ... protein from the sea!").
- Probably Jenny Agutter as well.
- Model trains to ride on.
- No clocks. Or, indeed, time.
- Instantaneous transport from one place to another.